Introducing the Inaugural Palladium Creative Class of 2021
The Palladium at St. Petersburg College has selected 11 Tampa Bay performers to be members of the initial Palladium Creative Class of 2021. Each artist receives a stipend of $2,500 that will be used to create a new project for the Palladium.
Introducing the Palladium Creative Class of 2021 Members:
- BEACON (Helen Hansen French & Lauren Ree Sloan) – Dance
- Damon Fowler – Blues
- Elizabeth Baker – New Music
- James Suggs – Jazz
- Jeremy Carter – Jazz
- Jeremy Douglass of The Florida Bjorkestra – Pop
- La Lucha (Mark Feinman, Alejandro Arenas and John O’Leary) – Jazz
- Nate Najar – Jazz
“The Palladium is thrilled to be able to support to these talented artists as they create new work. To be an arts town you must support your homegrown talent. This is one of the ways we can do that.”Paul Wilborn, Palladium Executive Director
In addition to receiving funding directly from the Palladium to produce new projects, these artists will also benefit from the recent investment the Palladium has made in their brand-new Palladium Live! streaming series. All Creative Class performances are being captured using new equipment the Palladium has invested in, including multiple, high-definition video cameras and professional sound equipment for them to be presented online through their streaming partner, Mandolin. Shows can be viewed on any computer or internet-capable device. Patrons can purchase tickets through the all-new Palladium website, www.mypalladium.org.
Palladium Creative Class of 2021 Performance Schedule:
- March 19 – Saxaphonist Jeremy Carter, with his Rubber Band, featuring two keyboard players and a powerful rhythm section.
- March 26 – Tampa Bay’s best bluesman, Damon Fowler, appears with a five-piece band.
- April 9 – Our favorite jazz trio, La Lucha, appears with James Suggs and Ken Peplowski.
- April 16 – An Evening of Dance Featuring Artists from BEACON.
- April 23 – A special bossa nova show featuring Daniela Soledade and Nate Najar, plus an all-star band.
More show dates to be announced soon.
The Palladium Creative Class of 2021 is made possible by support from the Hough Family Foundation and Smith and Associates Real Estate.
For more details on the Palladium Creative Class of 2021 visit our website at mypalladium.org
With its two venues, the 815-seat main concert hall Hough Hall, as well as its intimate award-winning 175-seat candlelit listening room The Side Door, and now streaming, The Palladium fosters artistically and culturally diverse performing arts, educational and film programs that bring artists and audiences together in a first-class professional, affordable setting.