Reserved: $40, $25, $15.
BEACON Bundle: $5 off when purchasing BEACON & projectALCHEMY together.
Groups of 10+: $22, $12 (tier B and C only).
Student/educator rush tickets available for $10 beginning 1 hour prior to showtime – cash only.
Doors open at 7pm for seating.
BEACON23 highlights local voices and unites our community in an unforgettable evening of dance that celebrates the dignity of the human form in motion. This year’s program features:
- 2023 MUSE award-winner Alexander Jones and projectALCHEMY’s new ensemble work set to Bach;
- Sarah Emery’s film project “The Dinner Table”, an official selection for five global screenings;
- A unique recreation of Heidi Brewer’s site-specific work developed for The Palladium Theater;
- The St. Pete debut of Sarah Walston and Atlas Modern Ballet’s “Maelstrom”, an excerpt from their evening length work “Ghost in the Black Jacket”;
- Helen Hansen French and John C. O’Leary III’s second collaboration, an evocative new duet that explores memory.
The Palladium presents BEACON’s eighth annual performance on April 28, 2023. The evening will feature contemporary dance artists and troupes that bring our communities together to celebrate what dance alone has the power to do – honor the potential and beauty of every human body.
BEACON is a critically acclaimed platform for producing dance and multidisciplinary collaborations among artists working locally and nationally. Founded in 2015, BEACON was created to provide the St. Petersburg community with a fresh performance platform that celebrates dance and encourages artists to keep making art. BEACON is the only platform focused on bringing dance into greater prominence in the region.
BEACON begins with our community – focusing on local artists who think of St. Petersburg as home in a variety of ways. Directors Helen French and Lauren Ree Slone, dancers and choreographers themselves, share the stage with other inspiring, professional artists. They have created a unique multifaceted producing platform for dance that positively impacts artists and audiences. The Palladium includes BEACON in its Artists in Residence Program.
Audiences at the eighth annual BEACON23 show can expect virtuosic dancing, bold imagery, and multidisciplinary collaborations often with live music showcasing the beauty, elegance, and dignity of the human form in motion.
This presentation is funded, in part, by a grant from South Art in Partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts and the Florida Division of Cultural Affairs.
Watch last year’s program trailer:
Presented by The Palladium.